Powered By Blogger

Monday 1 March 2010

Bad Behaviour


The fact the prostitution is still legal in the UK and it's only the advertising which is the problem suggests that it is the idea of people prostituting in their view that people don't like. What goes on behind closed doors is fine, seems to be the thing. It is still a job which many people aspire to do but it is "the oldest profession" so there must be something keeping it around.

Obviously one of the things keeping it around is the want, people must still want prostitutes otherwise they wouldn't still exist! Also, it's probably quite hard to police as it's something that can easily be hidden.


Prostitution is also seen as a form of abuse or type of slavery. It has been used throughout the ages, "from the Aztec time where Cihuacalli (House of Woman) became a legalized place for prostitutes to provide sexual services for men; to the Babylonians' time where each woman had to reach, once in their lives, the sanctuary of Militta (Aphrodite or Nana/Anahita), have sex with a foreigner as a sign of hospitality for a symbolic price ; and right down to the ancient Rome and Greece where slavery and sex ran alongside one another".

I think I tend to side with the 'if it doesn't affect my life then it's fine', because I feel it's none of my business what people do, generally. If one of my friends turned out to be a prostitute then I wouldn't stop being friends with them but on the other hand if my daughter said she was a prostitute then I would be disappointed and probably try and talk her out of it but still I wouldn't disown her or anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment