Powered By Blogger

Sunday 11 April 2010

Response to Jacky Cheung's- Abortion

I don't think I would personally have an abortion because I don't really think it is morally right, but at the same time if I knew someone who'd had an abortion I wouldn't think any less of them. As you said, it is a very distressing and hard decision to make. And I do agree with your statement of "who are we to judge whether someone else should abort or not?" I think it is too much of a personal matter, not only circumstances but emotionally as well, for people to tell others what to do.

It such a controversial topic that most people have an opinion on but at the end of the day it is the mother who needs to make the final decision, as it is her who has to go through everything, what ever she decides!

To have a law which is radical on either scale would take away this very important decision. Barack Obama when asked "At which point does a baby get human rights?" he responded by saying, "I think that whether you are looking at it from a theological perspective or a scientific perspective, answering that question with specificity, you know, is above my pay grade" and when asked the same thing John McCain simply said "At the moment of conception".

No comments:

Post a Comment